Women's health has been ignored by the tech and health industries for so long that it's now considered the next big thing. We're suddenly seeing new innovations targeting everything from period tracking to breast cancer management.
This past July, a Forbes headline heralded menopause as “the next big opportunity.” The global fertility services market alone is expected to reach $30 billion by 2023. These aren't exactly new problems, so ... why now, and how do we best direct the momentum?
Bresslergroup is excited to host an interdisciplinary panel of women working in healthcare, technology, design, and innovation in Philadelphia, to help answer that question and many more during a wide-ranging conversation about this moment in women’s health. What are the challenges and opportunities as we look to the future?
Topics to be discussed:
- Societal trends that have influenced the surge of innovation in the women's health market
- Unmet needs and opportunities for innovation in women’s health
- The potential of cross-collaboraton to create solutions
- The impact of emerging technology on women's health
- The importance of a human-centered approach to designing new tech products for this market
- Health equity and access to products and services across populations and demographics
Join us for an evening of thoughtful discussion in celebration of International Women's Day and its 2020 theme of gender equality.
- Marion Leary, MSN MPH RN, Director of Innovation, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- Chinwe R. Onyekere, System Director, Health Equity and Graduate Medical Education, Main Line Health
- Amanda Pike, Senior Manager, UX Research, Core Tech Design, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
- Sarah Rottenberg, Executive Director of the Integrated Product Design Program at the University of Pennsylvania and co-founder of LIA Diagnostics
- Raja Schaar, MAAE, IDSA, Program Director and Assistant Professor of Product Design, Drexel University
- Moderator: Jes Koepfler, PhD, Director, UX Research and Strategy, Bresslergroup
6:00 — 6:30 PM: Check-in and networking, drinks & refreshments
6:30 — 6:40 PM: Welcome and introductions from Anat Mooreville, PhD, Design & Innovation Strategist at Bresslergroup
6:40 — 7:40 PM: Panel discussion
7:40 — 8:00 PM: Wrap-up and networking, drinks & refreshments
We look forward to seeing you on the 5th! The event is free, but space is limited. Please register to reserve your spot.